- B.A. in Kinesiology and Women Studies from York University (2002)
- Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy from Curtin University, Perth, Australia (2010)
Post Graduate Certifications
- CBT/Mindfulness 1&2 March, 2019
- Accept and Commitment Therapy March, 2021
- Neuro-Developmental Treatment.
- FIM Functional Independence Measure:
- MOCA Montreal Cognitive Status Examination
- GLAD Good life with Osteoarthritis.
- Affirming and Inclusive Language at Work from Egale: April 2021
- Toronto Region CHC PT/OT Network
- Occupational Justice for Newcomers Network
- Member of Cycle Toronto which provides advocacy, education and encouragement to get more people cycling and to shape City of Toronto policies.
Samantha has worked with people from all walks of life and she loves the diversity of experience and relationships that her job brings. She blends a scientific approach with a client centered and creative philosophy. She is focused on returning people to the activities in their life that bring them meaning and make them feel like a whole person. Her approach to therapy is warm, client centered, trauma informed, compassionate, engaging and fun.
Sam was born in Winnipeg but moved around a lot throughout her life. She spent time in Thompson Manitoba, Dublin Ireland,Perth Aus, Chilliwack BC, Edmonton AB and South Africa!. Sam is a kind hearted individual, which we are thankful for, because she is also a first degree black belt in karate and a former aussie rules football player. Samantha now lives in Toronto with her husband and her pride and joy, her son Ellis.
- Previously had a fish (RIP). My son wants a lizard. I am hoping for a cat.
“Be a goldfish” Ted Lasso
- Ted Lasso and Curb Your Enthusiasm
- U.S. Girls, Feist, Anderson Paak, Frank Ocean, Kendrick Lamar, SZA, Chromatics and 80-90s hits.