- Kinesiology HB.Sc, York University (2010)
- RMT, Sutherland-Chan (2013)
Post Graduate Certifications
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach, CASM.
- Neurokinetic Therapy – Level 1
- Registered Massage Therapist’s Association of Ontario
- English and Cantonese
Derek stands out as a very skilled clinician in his field. He blends technical skill with clinical reasoning in a way that accelerates his patients recovery. His strength and conditioning background give him a clear advantage when working with the team at Cornerstone.
Derek is a Toronto native with a varied athletic background. He played volleyball and soccer at a high level and he now lends his clinical skill to athletic events in his spare time. Derek’s easy going and kind nature puts his patients at ease and helps him to build meaningful connections with them. He loves to travel and experience new things. He is also a bit of a foodie and has become an accomplished amateur chef!
“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion’.” -Muhammad Ali
- Modern Family, Sherlock, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Community
What Derek's patients say...
Massage therapist Derek Wu is amazing. Highly recommend him. He took time to fix the issue. Soft but firm at the same time. 5 stars!